Now unto Him that is able to do exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that works in us, unto Him be the glory! Ephesians 3:20-21


Tuesday, May 31, 2011

5K

So on Friday I did go on the 5K walk all by myself.  I really don't like to walk!  BUT, I put my praise music on and it wasn't half bad.  I was so happy to see my little green truck when I turned the corner and knew that I was actually going to make it!   My feet were hurting - I guess I need to toughen them up a little bit because there was blisters on the pads of my feet.  Anyone ever have that problem??  I've been a walking wimp!!  LOL!!  Anyway, so on Saturday at the WW weigh in I actually lost .4   -- yay!!  I had that emotional week but I didn't go crazy with running to food like I have done in the past.  I did eat too much but mostly it was from eating out.  I didn't eat too much junk food.  That is a reward in and of it's self!!  
Yesterday, my husband, daughter and I went on a "hike" (hahaha) on one of the trails on the mountain that is like less than 5 miles from our house.   It was a 1 3/4 mile hike.  We were not sure if it meant 1 3/4 total but when we met a ranger on the trail and asked he said we were half way and it was 1 3/4 in and then back.  My daughter did not want to do the whole thing (she's 15)  so we went a little further then turned around.  We ended up doing about 2 miles total.  So even though we didn't do the whole trail we still did well to do what we did! 
As I have said, I don't like to walk but I want to get to the "goal".  So I was totally prepared to go the whole distance.  I am all about getting to a goal....  that tells me something doesn't it?   So for me to walk for walking sake is a total drag but you give me a goal (and a trinket) and I want to do it!!    So I guess I need to set some walking goals!!  My husband and I are going back soon to do this same trail again - without little missy!!  :-)  and hopefully do the whole trail!

2 comments:

Kimberly said...

I'm all about walking goals! I've been doing them from month to month for a while now and it really helps keep me going. You're doing great Pam and the walking will definately pay off on the scale!

Unknown said...

I highly enjoy outdoor activities. They require lots of energy, but give you great pleasure! To provide my body with enough energy I am taking dietary supplements which were developed to enhance physical capacities of soldiers under the extreme conditions. These are special pre-workout supplements by Military Grade. They work perfect - just pure energy, right when I need it most. I easily lose pounds and gain muscles instead.