Now unto Him that is able to do exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that works in us, unto Him be the glory! Ephesians 3:20-21


Thursday, June 2, 2011

Thank Goodness for those extra points!

Had a great day yesterday with my sister and her boys.  I just love it when they come out.  But I had a hard day eating within my points.  Just kept wanting more than I should have..  I usually use about 5-10 of my extra points each day - I just cant seem to stay within my 29 allowed!!  So by 8 - 9 pm I was still wanting something.  I had already used 5 extra points.  My husband says, in a kinda  na na na voice (at least thats how I heard it), "Gosh, I am just having trouble eating all my points each day this week - yesterday I had 5 left over and today I've got 14".  I wanted to slug him!!  Nicely of course...  Anyway - so he's eating his little skinny cow ice cream and watching tv and I am sitting there just trying not to get up and go get something.  I guess I could have had fruit...  :-(  blah!  I did well - sorta,  I didn't have any thing but a couple of bites of Kraft Mac 'n Cheese that I was making for my son.  Yes at 9pm, he had been at work and then church.  So I finally went to bed thinking, I'll just go to sleep.  Well at 1:30am I wake up and I cant stand it no longer, my stomachs growling and I go have a nutrigrain bar and a cup of FF milk...  I know eating that late makes me feel ick in the morning but it helps me sleep.  And sleep I did after that.  I feel kinda icky now though.  So I don't know whats up with all that.  

I did get on the scales though - my scales always are about 4-5 pounds off.  I had been weighing about 184 ish on them.  Today, I am down to 180 and I even saw for a brief second 179!!  whooo hoooo!  So I am motivated to do better today. 

I am learning somedays are just like the one yesterday and you do the best you can do and THEN YOU DON'T GIVE UP!  You will get there if you don't quit!!   someone said that recently and it's stuck with me.   So thanks whoever said it!!  

Today I am off to clean a 6 hour house with Laura - we get lots of activity points today!  And then we go get our large diet cherry coke at Sonic.  mmm  cant wait!

1 comment:

Kimberly said...

I love this post...it's so real and what we all go through. I can't tell you how many times I've had days like this over the last year...this week as a matter of fact. But you're right, as long as you don't give up, you will get there. I say that all the time. It's the key to this whole journey. If you can get that than you've got what it takes to succeed.

Way to go Pam!!!

Be blessed!