Now unto Him that is able to do exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that works in us, unto Him be the glory! Ephesians 3:20-21


Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Some non food rewards

The past couple of weeks have been so busy but I have been wanting to blog about a couple of non-food rewards that happened.   I have such a horrible memory (mom & dad say it's hereditary) so I need to write this stuff down or it's forever gone in my brain! 

This past week my friend, Robin and I went to lunch and then to Kohl's.  We hardly ever get to go out to eat so I said let's pick something different.  We picked California Pizza Kitchen ( CPK ) and it didn't disappoint us at all.  We split a half salad - Chinese Chicken Salad - very yummy.  Then we got the Jamaican Jerk Chicken Pizza.   I had two slices of the pizza (12pts)  and my half of the salad (5pts).  I think this is pretty close points wise.  It sure was good!   We then went to Kohl's.  She was looking for "stuff" to take to Guatemala this summer.  I didn't have anything I really needed so I just "tried on" stuff.  FUN!!  when you can pull a 14 from the rack AND IT FITS!!  WHOO HOO.   But the really cool thing was a couple of the things were too big!  I needed a 12!!  omg - i don't remember the last time I could wear a 12.  Maybe 1985ish  That was such a thrill.  I have been a 16 - 20 for so very long!   This was a great day!!

The other non food reward was when we went to my daughters school for a meeting.  After the meeting she said mom you are smaller than half of the other moms!  REALLY!?!?!  I was shocked.  What an awesome feeling.  I feel like I am really bragging on myself and I guess I am but it's been so long and I have worked pretty hard to get to this point.  It's taken me several years to get to this point.  About a year & a half ago I had gotten down to 176 and then gained back to 196.  I just wasn't able to keep going.  I want so bad for this time to be different.  I want to be healthy and I want to get off my B/P meds and a couple of other meds that I am on.  I also want to feel good and look nice.   At times I feel like my motivation is pretty shallow and vain.  I am working on that.

After reading Danica's and TJ's blog about doughnuts - I told my husband and kids that for mothers day I wanted a doughnut maker.  So guess what I got??  A cute little Red Doughnut Maker.  For mothers day, my mom and I made the lemon doughnuts from friends for weight loss and they were yummy.  

3 comments:

Joy said...

12's!!!! How FUN!! Way to go! Can't wait to get there. I'm in 14-16's right now!

Keep focused!

Kimberly said...

I'm so happy for you. You're doing great and you know what? You will be healthy and get off all those meds, just stay postive and continue to tell yourself you will.

Keep going!!!

Joy said...

It's me again!! I gave you an award today - check it out!!

Keep focused!!