Now unto Him that is able to do exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that works in us, unto Him be the glory! Ephesians 3:20-21


Monday, May 16, 2011

My husband Joined WW with me!! yay!

So this past couple weeks have been sort of stressful around our house.  Just a lot of things going on.  My son is graduating High School and my daughter is getting ready to go on a two week camping/discovery class with her school - in addition to all the finals.  Did I mention that we homeschooled my son all the way through high school and my daughter up until this past fall?!?!  So this "school" stuff is very new to us.
Anyway, we all have been so very busy and a little grouchy!  I asked my husband, "So, what's up with you, are you just stressed about all this stuff"?  He finally figured out that his weight was really starting to bother him and he felt overwhelmed by the amount he needed to lose.  So he decided to give WW a try.  He has already been doing WW sort of half heartedly and figured if he was paying for it maybe it would make him be a little more serious.  So this past Saturday we went to WW for his first ever weigh in.  There were several other guys there and that helped him I think to feel somewhat comfortable.  He is doing very well so far.  IT"S SO NOT FAIR though he gets 56 points!!!  OMG!!  I get 29.  I don't see how he can lose weight on that.  I do know it's so easy to eat way over 100 points in any given day.  So we must have been eating huge amounts of points before WW.
So for Alan's Last Supper we went to Red Lobster. (we had a gift card)  He ate what he wanted but I am so close to my 10% that I really wanted to do a good job at staying within my points.  I did well - if I calculated correctly.  Ya know those Cheddar Bay biscuits were not that great that night so I only had a half of one.  (2pts still)  I ended up with Shrimp Scampi, Wood Grilled Shrimp and Cajun Shrimp, Cesaer Salad (did not eat it all) and Rice Pilaf (which I had a bite and decided it was not worth it).   I like knowing that I can go to most restuarants and get something that tastes really good and not feel like I am on a diet!  It takes some planning and digging on the internet to find the points values but it is out there.  Sometimes it's just good guestimates but I feel like this is realistic for my life style.  The big thing is  - -  is that so far it is working and that gives me so much hope that this time I will succeed!   I just know that I can not stick to a restrictive "diet" where all I can have is SALAD!!    yuck! 

I have some other encouraging things that have happened over the last couple weeks that I have been so busy I didn't have time to post but I will add those in the next few days.

OH, but the biggest, bestest news is that I LOST 2.8 the last time I weighed in!!  I was so thrilled because I had been gaining and losing the same .6 and .2 pounds for a month.   (I had a Wendy's #1  combo and I think that threw my body a curve ball and helped me over the hump, at least that's what I'm gonna say caused the weight loss!)  I don't know that I recommend this type of treatment but hey it seemed to work for me.  I guess next weigh in will be the tell all!

No comments: