Now unto Him that is able to do exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that works in us, unto Him be the glory! Ephesians 3:20-21


Monday, June 13, 2011

Exercise - a juggling act

Weigh in on Saturday was a success! I was down 1 pound! I have had a loss for the past 5 weeks and I am pretty happy about that. I am still on track for my November goal.

I had a decently good week. I seem to be in a groove for the time. I have not been too tempted by cake and sweets. I just feel like pressing on. For me that is unusual. I hope this means I am growing in my spiritual life. I have been trying to study my Bible everyday and I am writing down 5 of my 1000 gifts each day. Maybe the different focus is helping.

As of this weigh in -- I am at the lowest I have been since the 1980's. Unbelievable. I am so excited to feel better than I do even now. I can't imagine wearing smaller sizes than I have worn in over 20 years. I really am having a hard time envisioning what all that looks like. What I do know is that, so far, what I have been doing is working and I will just continue on doing what I've been doing.

I have been thinking about exercise. I know it is important. One of the things that happened last time I did WW was that I started going to the gym at 5:45am to do a spin class (which I loved) I was getting fitter but I started gaining some weight back. I had a hard time juggling everything and getting up so early and I wasnt able to go to bed earlier because of my kids schedules. It just got to be too much. The other times they offered the spin classes did not work for me and my family. I ended up giving up on both the spin class and WW.
I have this mental picture of me spinning plates and I have WW and all the other things in my life spinning pretty good and if I try to add one more plate(in this case, exercise) I lose all the plates. Do I sound like I am just making excuses?!? I hope not!
As much as I would like to go back to spin classes, I feel the time is just not right - yet. I am losing without going to spin class or doing any scheduled exercise. I am trying to find ways to just get out and be active. I start feeling like I "NEED" to be doing more. I have to keep reminding myself that what I am doing right now is working. There will come a time, maybe soon, when what I am doing doesnt work as well and I may need to figure out a way to get back to the spin classes or whatever.

It has really helped to read Annie's blog about her weight loss journey without much exercise and now she has a desire to exercise. It was like I was given permission to not worry about this yet. Somehow this has really helped me.

2 comments:

Joy said...

I totally understand the spinning plate thing. It can be a struggle getting everything done.

What if you decided to take 1 spin class a week. Schedule it in, just like you schedule everything else.

Just shoot for one and see how it goes. Can't hurt to try!

You are doing fantastic - keep up the great work and stay focused!

Pam's Path said...

thanks Joy! I still cant leave a comment on your blog?!?! I'll consider your advice! do you think that one class would make any difference?