Now unto Him that is able to do exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that works in us, unto Him be the glory! Ephesians 3:20-21


Thursday, April 7, 2011

Walk-!t Challenge

So yesterday I went and bought me some new "running" shoes.  I went to Heart and Sole and they video how you walk and then figure out what type of shoe you need.  So here they are.  Brooks - Dyad 6 - lots of arch support.  I also found out that I have been wearing shoes way too small for my feet.   I need a 9 1/2!!!!  OMG, I have never owned a pair of shoes that large.  No wonder my feet hurt!  She said that could be why my toes go numb after walking for awhile.  Duh, Ya think?!   I've been wearing an 8 or 81/2.  I have two weeks to try these out.  Since WW just started the walk it challenge I will give it a go.


I was kinda thinking I might go walking outside but it's raining.  This is New Mexico, we hardly ever get rain.  Hmmm.   So I guess I will go use the treadmill.  It might work out better for me anyway.

I didnt do very well tracking my points yesterday.  I just was busy and in town and didn't have my tracker.  Excuses, excuses  - I did ok until I went to Costplus world market and bought chocolate.  I just wanted a couple of small pieces like dove chocolate.  Well they didn't have any of that.  I ended up impluse buying and buying stuff that was not low in points - although, I thought I was being careful and was looking at the fat content and all.  So I was kinda bummed out after I ate more than I should have and then I had no points left for dinner.  I tried to eat a small amount of dinner but that was hard.  Alan and Ty wanted Chinese.  I had an egg roll and some chicken mai fun.  I haven't even looked to see how many point the chicken stuff was.  I know the egg roll was not too bad.  Anyway, so far today, I have done better. 

I just don't understand all these gals at the WW meeting I go to.  Sometimes I feel really crazy.  I hear a lot of them saying --  "oh, I have trouble eating all my points each day"!  I want to slug them!!!  In a Christian kind of way - of course.   I JUST DONT GET IT!!   I never have points left over!!  I even divide my 49 into the days so I get 36 points plus each day instead of only 29.  I always,  ALWAYS  eat all my points.  What is my deal?  I guess I am eating different foods.  Maybe not enough of... I don't know what.  BUT the bottom line is I am still losing (most weeks) eating ALL my points.  I am just different I guess.  Maybe there are some other people there that feel as I do and just don't speak up.  I did speak up once about just getting tired of doing the program and how I was just feeling like I WANT TO EAT WHAT I WANT TO EAT - NOW!     They looked at me blankly,  and one lady even said, "No, I've never felt that way".   I get to this point where I feel like a 2 year old pitching a little fit.  Having a little tantrum, wanting what I WANT!!!  This IS something I need to control.  I am taking steps to control that when it comes around again.  Part of what I'm am doing is admitting it and writing about it and doing this blog.  I believe this will help keep me accountable.  I also love to read the other blogs because there are women (and maybe guys) out there like me!!  I guess I needed to vent.  I was only going to write about my new shoes!!  :)

No comments: