Now unto Him that is able to do exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that works in us, unto Him be the glory! Ephesians 3:20-21


Sunday, April 17, 2011

Bobcat Bite and Softball

Kaycee had a double header in Pecos yesterday.  She had to be at the school by 815 to drive up with her team.  Alan and I drove into Albuquerque to pickup his rental car (he is going to drive to North Carolina next week) and then we headed to Pecos.  We were both hungry and really wanted a breakfast burrito from Golden Pride.  So I decided that I had done fairly well and could "afford" it.  I got my favorite #9 (Eggs, hash browns, bacon, cheese and wonderful green chili)  It was not disappointing.  I really have no idea how to figure the points on these.  There is no nutritional info anywhere that I can find.  Then we headed to the game.  The girls won both games with ease.  It was very windy and dusty but we survived.  After the game, we were hungry again!!  Alan has been wanting to eat at this place called Bobcat Bite for over a year now.  The last time we tried to eat there they were closed for vacation or something.  So he wanted to try again.  This place is known for its Green Chili Cheeseburgers.  I really struggled!  I sure wanted to try it but I had already had that burrito.  I gave in and said, "OK, no legalism, I will go ahead and have one and then tomorrow - right back on track".  Kaycee was a good girl and had a salad and then maybe 1/4 of mine.   So this is what I had and it was good.  I don't know that it is the best I've ever eaten but it was a nice treat.   The Green Chili was hot but not so hot your lips burned!

We then headed home.  We had to stop by Chick fil A and pick up the car.  I was feeling guilty about all the food I had eaten/ rather all the points I had eaten.  This is where I usually get in trouble with my thinking and I thought, "Oh, what the heck, I've already really blown it".  So I had that chocolate milk shake I had been wanting! (I don't even like ice cream that much )  So I'm hoping that I have gotten all this out of my system for awhile.  
I am trying really hard to come to grips with this is the way the rest of my life will be.  I can do this very occasionally but not weekly.   It just goes back to I can not have what I want all the time.  I have felt so good lately and I want to continue this way.  It doesn't feel good when you lose control and eat whatever you want.  I feel depressed that I didn't do what I knew to do.  BUT   I will not let this bring me all the way down.  I just wish I could convince myself that it's OK once and awhile and not feel guilt.  In the past this would be the beginning of the end.  I do not want to go down that path again.  I want to be successful but also realistic.  Life is so full of choices, sometimes I mess up and don't make the best choice but I shouldn't let one not so good choice determine my whole success.  Looking back over the past 2 months I have done well.  It's not about messing up occassionally - What really matters is the big picture!    

No comments: