Now unto Him that is able to do exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that works in us, unto Him be the glory! Ephesians 3:20-21


Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Philippians 4:8 A Verse to Live Life by.

Finally, brethren, whatever things are true, whatever things are noble, whatever things are just, whatever things are pure, whatever things are lovely, whatever things are of good report, if there is any virtue and if there is anything praiseworthy -- meditate on these things.

I'm having one of those days and I really hate days like this.  I am so critical of everything - including and especially of myself.  I am doing OK fighting it off.  But it's hard. 
Our Bible study has been reading a book called The 4:8 Principle by Tommy Newberry.   It is based on Philippians 4:8, the verse above.   I am reading about Mental discipline.  The book says, "mental discipline s the ability to keep your thoughts consistently focused.  Use Philippians 4:8 as the filter of your thinking, you focus on God and goodness to the exclusion of all else.  As a result you will begin to develop mental strength.  With high levels of mental discipline you will reach your goals faster, upgrade your potential for joy, and become a lot more fun to be around!  When you keep your thoughts fixed on God, the things of God will naturally permeate your life, and your goals will be in line with His will and His kingdom.  Virtually any meaningful goal is within reach when you become mentally disciplined".  
This is the key to my success.  I have to learn mental discipline.  This kind of day is an excellent day to work on this! 
Today was also weigh in day. My bestie, Laura, was there today. She hasn't been in weeks and I was so glad she was there. My other B.friend, Lisa, was not there today and I really missed her. I like it when my buds go too. The scale was somewhat disappointing, I had a gain of .6 - that's not a lot and I was expecting it because TOM is visiting this week. I just hate to see a gain at all. Last week was a -4.0lbs so I cant be too upset. I just gotta keep doing what I know to do. Someone posted "If you don't quit, you'll get there. I will get there! I can do this!


1 comment:

Pam's Path said...

Mary Ann - I think you have to be a follower or signed into your account to leave a comment