Now unto Him that is able to do exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that works in us, unto Him be the glory! Ephesians 3:20-21


Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Sticks of butter

I'm sure that this visual is not new but I was driving home from WW  and was trying to think of something that could represent a .2lb loss.   It wasn't a big loss but at least it was a loss and I need all the encouragement I can find.  So what came to my mind was butter.  One stick of butter is .25lbs - pretty close to what I had lost this week.  So here is a picture of what I lost.
If I were to spread that on my thighs or stomach it wouldn't make such a big difference but how about 54 sticks?
This last pile of butter is 36 sticks plus the 18 above that equals 54 sticks (or 13.6ish lbs)!!  If you were to spread that around on your body - that's a lot of fat!!   I need these types of visuals because it sometimes seems that .2 is such a small amount that it doesn't really matter.  I had a loss this week and that is something to celebrate! 
If I don't quit I will make my goal of 157 sticks of butter!  I have 103 more sticks to go!! 

No comments: