Now unto Him that is able to do exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that works in us, unto Him be the glory! Ephesians 3:20-21


Friday, March 25, 2011

Encouragement from others

I have been reading the book "9 things you simply must do" and one of the 9 things that sucessful people do is "PLAY THE MOVIE" meaning you imagine what will happen if you make this decision or that decision. So I have been trying to play the movie each time I face a choice. (which is fairly often) He also says in the book, "to borrow trouble from tomorrow in situations that I can actually do something about. Taking active steps to make sure that you are ready when particular "scenes" arrive. In my movie, "Pam goes to Weight Watchers AGAIN to get support to lose weight", there is a critical scene coming up in which I get so discouraged that I don't want to do this anymore. I feel so hungry and want to eat everything in sight. I want more of the things that I can have but I want LOTS more of it. So I end up with rebellious attitude and decide that this is impossible for me to do and then give up. I know this scene will happen, it's happened so many times before. I have tried so many different diets and programs. So in order to take active steps to combat this one thing I know I need is more encouragement and motivation from somewhere. I know that going to my Tuesday WW meetings help a lot - for that day. So I need something everyday. I also know that keeping my spiritual life going is extremely important. So I turned to some bloggs I recently found. So far there are several that are becoming very important to me. It seems to give me the same encouragement that I get when I go to a meeting. Of course I will continue to go to the meetings.
Today I was encouraged by a girl named Pam (how ironic) that said she had made a goal to lose 40 pounds by her birthday and she did it. This got me thinking that I need a goal. My birthday is in November - plenty of time - now I just need to figure out what that goal will be. I have 8 months until my birthday. I would like to lose an average of 4 pounds per month, so that would be 32 pounds by my birthday (nov. 24, which happens to be thanksgiving) my weight as of last Tuesday, March 22, 2011, was 188.8. So my goal will be 156.8 by Thanksgiving!!! Oh my gosh, how amazing would that be! I can not hardly imagine. So my short term goal is my 5%, which will be 186 (almost there) and then 10% (176)
Another girl that I have started reading is Danica. It has been tremendously helpful to see some of her post of what she has to eat each day. I need variety and I can find some there.

Most of these women are just like me and they struggle with a lot of the same issues. They have been sucessful and I want to join them.

No comments: