Now unto Him that is able to do exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that works in us, unto Him be the glory! Ephesians 3:20-21


Thursday, September 1, 2011

My "WANT TO"

Honestly, I just havent felt like writing.  I gained 2.4 pounds last Saturday!  Nothing I cant overcome but it's my attitude that's got me concerned.
I am wanting what I cant have again... badly...  It is such a struggle.  

I did start spinning classes - i've been once.  It is hard to find a time that they offer a spin class that I am available to do it.  I am determined to go at a minimum of 2x a week. 

I finished reading the book "Made to Crave".   I am starting the book over because it addresses the source of my problem and that source is spiritual.  The first part of the book ( not even the first chapter ) is entitled "Finding my want to".     I can so relate because I can not find my want to at all!!  

She says that a vanity seeking "want to" is shallow and will only produce shallow efforts.  Yep, I know that's true! 

She goes on to say that she asked, she begged, she cried out to God for a spiritual "want to".  Each day, He gave her just enough "want to" laced with His strength, to be satisfied by healthy choices. 

My focus has to be spiritual and I am crying out to God to give me a spiritual want to.    To all who happen to read this simple blog,  please pray for me in this.  I know that without the Lord's help, this addiction to food is too strong for me to break away all by myself.  

3 comments:

Joy said...

My want to is very simple...I want to be fit and healthy so that when He says go...I will be able to go!

I'm finally able to move this body and now I'm working on my strength and energy level.

He's got stuff for me to do and I need to be able to move this body so I can do it.

Keep focused!

Pam's Path said...

Amen, sister!! :) I have the want to "most of the time" but I seem to lose it quickly when tempting food is around or I am too hungry. But I am working on this - it is a journey and as someone once said, I will make it IF i don't give up.
Thank you for your encouragement!!!

Absolutely, Positively Josie said...

Pam, I'm right here beside you in the boat. I very much admire your realization that this is not something you can fix on your own. My prayers go up for you!