Now unto Him that is able to do exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that works in us, unto Him be the glory! Ephesians 3:20-21


Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Spinning Classes

Yesterday, I re-joined the gym.  It's less than 2 miles from our house.  I signed up for the spin classes only.

The year before last I did this same thing at about this same time of the year.  SO what? Well,  I really loved the spin classes.  Unfortunately,  the classes with the best leader is at 5:45 in the morning.   The other thing is  - as soon as I started taking the spin classes I started gaining my weight back.  My weight right now is pretty much exactly where I was last time  So the problem is I am scared that I will do exactly the same thing again and gain my weight back.

At that time, I would go, come home and be so hungry that I ended up eating more food than I usually would.  I do think my body needed more food - it is a 45 minute workout.  I just don't want to gain this weight back. 

So today, I didn't go to the class.   Excuses....  I have to get going to town early this am and I have a busy day today and I was up really late the night before.   The real excuse is, I'm scared to start!  BUT now I am paying money to do this!   I will go and I will enjoy (somewhat) the classes but I am nervous about the outcome.

I have watched/read the other bloggers that I read, write about their exercise "life" and thought I really should be doing something.  I know that finding time for exercise is something I do "for me" and it does make me feel sooo much better.  You'd think that would be enough to motivate me.  I would have liked to take up running if I could but I have a bad knee and I broke my ankle years back and I just can't run.  

Biking is the next best thing.   I want those biker LEGS!!  :)   So in someways I am excited about doing this again.  I still have my shorts, heart monitor and bike shoes...  I will pull those out and do my best to start this Thursday.  If not before.   My 16 year old daughter also signed up and maybe she will help me get going also. 


2 comments:

Joy said...

I need to try a spin class. I really like biking. My trainer had me do it a while back for a little while and it was fun and challenging!

Keep focused!

Pam's Path said...

Try it - especially if you need to change your workout up a little bit!! I love that you pedal to the beat of the music! It goes by quickly for me and it is a great workout. Let me know if you try it again.
Thanks Joy!! Hope you are doing well!